Bermuda >

Paget Parish - coat of armsPaget Parish (map) lies across the harbour from Hamilton City in Pembroke Parish. It is easily accessible by bus or ferry.

It was named after William Paget (Paget coat of arms to the left), 4th Lord of Beaudesert (1572-1628).Lord Paget graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree from Oxford University in 1590. In 1611 he became a member of the Council of the Virginia Company which then included Bermuda.
He was the largest shareholder in the original Paget Tribe named after him in 1617, later Paget Parish. He was buried on 30 August 1628 at West Drayton, London.

Paget Parish is home to the largest undeveloped land on Bermuda, Alfred Blackburn Smith Nature Reserve. Unfortunately it is not open to the general public. Guests of the Coral Beach Club (see Hotels and Resorts) and Members of the Bermuda Audubon Society are permitted to stroll - might be worth looking into a membership!

Click here for all restaurants in Paget!